View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #530
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd like to post for Eodwine and the troops, but don't have a really clear idea of how close they are to the fight between Scyld and Sorn.

The way I have this pictured in my head is that there is a rough, hilly area just beyond Sorn's lands, up and into which Scyld and Linduial have led Sorn and Gurth. The first rise is where Sorn and Gurth were when Eodwine spotted them, at which time Scyld and Linduial may be supposed to have been already through the next small valley and climbing the next rough slope. My thinking is that by the time Eodwine and his closest fellows reach the crest of the first hill, Sorn will have just started attacking Scyld; and from the crest of the hill Eodwine and others could spot this and urge their horses on through the small valley and up the next hill, rather quickly.

Is that reasonably accurate?

I think that the deaths of Gurth and Sorn should occur just before Eodwine's force gets there, right?

Last, is this land too rough for horses? If it is, that greatly aids the timing issue by slowing down Eodwine and company so that the fights to the death, including Linduial's part in them, may ensue as far as the writers wish to take them.