View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 02:45 AM   #28
Adanedhel
Animated Skeleton

Adanedhel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Tunar, Halasan and Haleg made it in good time to Cair Andros to the local stores and they quickly set about finding the things they needed, food stuffs that were able to be kept for long periods of time. Tunar was very adept at finding what they needed and soon all three men were lugging packs full of cheeses, salted meets and empty waters skins. Tunar was glad that he was doing something that kept his mind off what had happened in their little skirmish with the Orcs, to him the thought of killing a living breathing being repulsed him, even if it was an Orc.
They started back to the outpost and as they were walking Tunar asked Halasan;

“Will we be staying here or moving on?”

Halasan mused for a moment or two, rubbing his chin then saying slowly

“Most likely moving on soon, why do you ask?”

Tunar breathed in deeply and was finding this very hard to say but he went ahead any way, the words tumbling out of his mouth

“It’s just that I don’t want to go much further from my family”

Halasan looked indifferent so he continued

“I have never been so far from home before in my life and frankly being so far from my wife and children is taxing on the soul…..that and….well”

He felt uncomfortable in saying what he was going to next but he sighed and said it, not caring for the consequences

“I am afraid to die and leave my wife and boys in this world while leave it. I don’t want to die”

He felt weak saying to this to great fighting men who seemed to stare death in the face and laugh, but Tunar couldn’t do that and he knew it....

[ June 06, 2003: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

-Henry V