View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #922
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hehe, look you still technically won, Kent...even if it wasn't in the way you expected. But you should definitely take advantage of it as that's what baddies do best. Welcome to the dark side. Over here we eat Girl Scout cookies. *munches on Thin Mints*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
The only thing I regret is killing Brinn.
Yes, shame on you...though I don't exactly blame you. I brought that fate upon myself and knew I had it coming.

Though, in hopes that you guys don't think I'm a complete blundering idiot for my final actions of that Day, let me explain...

Towards the end of the Day, I knew there was a chance of me getting lynched but with 10 bonus votes I still believed there could be a good chance of saving myself and getting Noggie lynched. I would be a more effective cobbler left alive and I didn't think a sacrifice was necessary since I thought Nogrod was probably innocent.

Then Formy reveals (or at least that's what I thought he did), and I think well crap on a stick...now everyone will turn on me to save Nogrod and it'd be rather pointless to attempt counter-revealing so late in the Day. But then nobody made comment on his "reveal" and when more people voted Noggie I was rather confused (but of course I went along with it). I really did think I could save myself until Nilp's vote then I figured it was all over for me (I can't remember if his vote was ever highlighted, but nevertheless he highlighted later the Day before so I couldn't expect anything less).

I dumped all 10 votes because a) maybe someone would x-post attempting to save me (unlikely but...) and b) I didn't want to die with any bonus votes left. My Finrod reveal was done by pure instinct...I wanted one more Night to use my gift and would do anything to stay alive (I considered calling myself Luthien except Formy's semi-reveal would probably make it not believable). Of course I chose to make that reveal too late seeing it was deadline when I posted...but I did it anyway because I wanted revenge by making you suckers sit in several minutes of horror thinking you just lynched Finrod. The last thing I expected was to actually be saved by Nilp not highlighting his vote. At first I was stunned and then I giggled. I don't know how many times I've managed to survive a lynching by the skin of my teeth. I'm like a cat. Cats are cool.

I later felt kinda stupid for revealing as Finrod (though I probably would've been lynched otherwise) and figured there were smarter things I could've done. Unless the wolves had a reason to suspect me as the cobbler, I knew I'd be Night-killed. But all that mattered was that I got an ordo lynched, and I thought I spotted the seer which meant I could block his dream (and yay I was right). Also I figured that my death could possibly save the baddies from hitting Finrod's protection (aka Formy) and I wasn't worried it'd be me since Finrod knew I was evil and probably thought me more likely a wolf than cobbler. It would've been so much fun to stay alive another Day to wreak havoc upon the village (and trust me I would've by both outing the real Finrod and keeping the attention focused on me). But meh, it was a sacrifice I chose to make and at least I wasn't completely useless...

So don't feel bad in the slightest bit, baddies. All three of you did such a great job...I don't think any of you garnered much suspicion until Greenie was exposed. I admit I was slightly worried toward the end of yesterDay when Lari hadn't voted yet. But when she did at the final minute, I thought, oh snap and sighed with relief. Even if there were no bonus votes, I think you three still could've won this, so excellent work.

Good job at finding a wolf in your final dream Formy, even if it was a little late. I'm surprised Izzy didn't protect Gwath seeing that he had the most bonus votes among the innocents, but I'm guessing she anticipated he may be too obvious for a kill and thus chose otherwise.

So sad that most innocents decided not to hold their votes until the end when it'd be more likely to lynch a baddie. Though I can't say I didn't warn you. :P

Anyway, good game to everyone. And thanks to phantom and Mira for their wonderful modding.