View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #71
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Bregoware

Sythric

After finishing his modest meal, Sythric just sat motionless for a time, staring at the landscape and the diminishing light. As the light really started fading, he finally rose up and called Thydrë with a low whistle. She appeared from the deepening shadows, and Sythric walked to meet it half-way. After securing the packing, he patted her gently on the neck. Thydrë lowered and turned its head a bit to better meet the man’s face, watching him with her large, dark eyes.

“I’m sorry my friend. Yes, I am.”, he said with a soft voice. “And yes, I had a choice. The March-warden would have given me a rested horse from his stables, yes he would have.” Sythric sighed, and run his fingers through her mane. “But here you are with me, my friend. I couldn’t think of getting to a journey like this without you.” Thydrë shaked her head, just a little. Like she would have said, that she understood. Sythric wasn’t quite sure about this mutual understanding in this case though. “Not this night, but the next, we will both sleep well. That I’ll promise to you, if it is under my power. And before the morning, you will eat well too.” He patted her twice, and got himself into the saddle.

“Now, let’s ride swiftly to gain some rest at the early hours, before tomorrow’s ride.”