View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 11:24 AM   #4
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'll be happy as long as Denethor is mean, there's a nice large fire, and a few ridiculous outfits.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, it looks like you'll get your wish, <B>Meela</B>! Denethor seemed mighty mean in the TTT:EE and those winged helmets look awfully silly! Imagine that Aragorn's crown has the biggest wings of all! Aragorn doesn't strike me as the type to wear wings! Anyway, I rather hope that there is some way to adequately illustrate not the meanness of Denethor, but his complexity, the fact that he is as learned in lore and farsighted as his unfavorite son Faramir (of course Faramir doesn't have the 'advantage'of a personal palantir!), but that he interpreted the signs all differently and to his own harm. But I know this won't happen, because they already turned the information on its head and Boromir knew more about the Ring of Power than did Faramir! I always like to imagine taking off the "If" in Faramir's line "If there is need to go to Rivendell, send me in his stead." Makes it a little easier to imagine that Faramir knows something he isn't talking about. I must say that the brief glimpse of Denethor in the EE made me almost put my own father's face to him in my mind! Unfortunate, that!<P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote