Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #373
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name: (that you go by): Schmendrick…or Maria
Age: 25 (“I am old! I don’t look it, but I’m beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts…”)
Future Aspirations: Well…to become a writer (how original), find the meaning of Life (for myself, at least), travel around the world…
Goal in life: To find that goal!!
Passion: literature, music, nature, travelling…
Hobbies: well, reading (I am so predictable…), writing, listening to music (is that a hobby?), day- dreaming and walking to Rivendell
Short-term goals: to pass my last exams and to find a decent summerjob (hopeless!)!
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): complaining? I do that a lot – I’m a very negative person (trying to work on it, though). Oops. You meant positive things [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]? Having a wide knowledge of literature, arts and music!
Fave book: There are too many and I love them all in a different way! The LOTR is of course among my favourites…works of Camus and Kundera, The Last Unicorn (who would’ve guessed?), The Secret History by Donna Tartt and many many more.
Fave movie: Same thing - there are too many! The FOTR (but not TTT!!!), Dead Poet’s Society, American Beauty, Wonder Boys, The English Patient
Fave sport: football (european), riding
Fave store: all the bookstores&musicstores…
Fave music: British pop/rock mainly: Starsailor, Coldplay, Placebo, Radiohead, David Bowie…others: R.E.M, Tori Amos, classical (love the soundtracks!)
What you can't stand: impolite people (what ever happened to good manners?), the weather in Finland (during winter mostly), many aspects in today’s society (don’t get me started on this one! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
What you plain dislike: my current part-time job, cleaning up, insomnia
Who you admire: people who have the courage to “follow their path” in life, optimistic, courageous people…Tolkien, of course…
What you most love to do: Depends on the moment...
Your self-confessed flaws: low self-esteem, over-stressing about things
What intrigues/fascinates you: the whole world, how a human mind works (such things as “which comes first: language or thought?” [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]), arts, ancient cultures…
What scares you: All kinds of bugs (especially spiders), thunder (don’t laugh!), diseases
Quotation to live by: I WISH I lived by this one: “ Carpe Diem!”

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]