View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #499
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I assign when days out are thoroughly pleasant and you get home and go to sleep at about 9pm because you are so tired!

I'll also assign Lincoln because it was also thoroughly pleasant, quick on the train, had loads of dusty second hand bookshops, and the Cathedral was worth paying to go and visit - last time I went I wouldn't go in because of having to pay for entrance, but its the 'norm' now to pay to go in the oldest cathedrals, and its well worth it. You even get to muck around and pretend to be in a Harry Potter film because they have cloisters, where you can also sit and have a nice cream cake and a pot of tea. I had a chat with a priest about digital cameras, and the woman at the castle was friendly and didn't chase us as we nosed through the gatehouse because we didn't have time to go in and look round.

The supposedly ridiculously steep hill, cunningly titled Steep Hill, was not as steep as my own street, and they also have a medieval bridge with shops built on it.

I also assign the fact that the cherry tree and the clematis right outside my house is finally beginning to flower. It has all normally finished by now, and I was beginning to get worried!