View Single Post
Old 06-07-2002, 01:49 PM   #225
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

Thinhyan' -- interesting ideas -- i've read more than one story with telepathic Elves (are you familiar with ElfQuest, a comic book and later graphic novel series begetting several spinoffs, by the team of Wendy & Richard Pini? i grew up w/ that, you could say it shaped some of my fantasy outlook)

as for the King and his Foil, i'm going to stick with mine, worked up from the text made by the folks who made Middle-Earth the FRPG and say that it has powers anyone can use, but the King can get more out of it (the 'forgotten' part of the lore) which suggests to me that it's an innate part of the kingship and the "kingsfoil" gets that name because the king uses it as a focus (like a Native American uses his sage smudge bundle, perhaps) The Tourists in this tale, of course, hear this, compare it with herbs they know, and conclude it's some local variety of hyssop, and i rather liked the Biblical angle that could be inferred from that, so... when i get it done, i'll see how it flies.

Keep it up, gang, we've got to be pretty close to page #7!!!

s.t.