View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Could Lorien resist without Nenya?

We already know taht the rings gave power to their bearers according to their personal power.

So, as we all know also, Galadriel was the migthiest and wisest of the elves that remained on Middle Earth (so says Tolkien). Given the case that she had a magical power that surpassed all others on M.E. (not counting Sauron with the Ring), could she have defended her realm without Nenya?

The use of the Mirror, her capacity to read other people's minds, and specially since Nenya was not a ring for war, my guess is taht she had the power to keep Lorien up against Sauron and the forces of evil.

In a situation where Sauron recovers the One Ring, the elven ring bearers would have to take off their rings once more. My question is, could still Lorien stand against the forces of Dol Guldur and all other evil forces with a Galadriel not aided by Nenya?