Thread: Ambarkanta
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #28
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Coming now to the Diagrams, we have the following labels and my conclusion what to do with them:
Diagram I:
- 2 . (upper right corner) => To be removed!
- AVA-KÚMA (twice) => KÚMA I think we should avoid Ava-Kúma = ‘Outer-Void’ and use only Kúma = Void. In that way we could argue with the same mistake of taking the empty space between the stars as the same as the Void beyond Eä.
- Earambar & Ilurambar => To be removed! As we have taken the Wall of Night to be more like a city wall we can not use it in the places of Ilurambar. For me removal is the safest way.
- VAIYA (above AMBAR) => VAIYA
- KÚMA (four times) => To be kept.
- Elenarda or Tinwe-malle => To be kept.
- Fanyamar => To be kept.
- Ilmen (twice) => To be kept.
- VISTA => To be kept.
- Aiwenóre => To be kept.
- A = This is probably a reference mark to Diagram III, but I think due to ist unclear use, we should remove it.
- Endor => Endon Endor was later used for all of Middle-earth, but here the midmost point is meant.
- PEL- MAR => To be kept? As this is in Map IV set with the addition “or Middel-earth” we could change it to “Endor”. We clearly will do the same in all 3 Diagram I, Diagram II and Map IV. But do we change it?
- Númen => To be kept.
- EAR (twice) => To be kept.
- Ambarendya => To be kept.
- Rómen => To be kept.
- Ando Lómin => To be kept.
- AMBAR => To be kept.
- MARTALMAR => To be kept.
- Hidden Half => To be kept. Even if this corosponces with the Note in left bottom I think we may still leave this in, since even for the inhabitants of Valinor, who could breathe Ilmen, these part of Ambar’s surface was hidden.
- VAIYA (below AMBAR) => EKKAIA
- Make world alway a globe but larger than now. Mountains of East and West prevent anyone from going to Hidden Half (Note at the bottom left) => To be removed! This is a projected change. But we are not able to do it, so we should leave it out.
- Arda The World: From Númen (West) to Rómen (East) => To be kept.
- Alter story of Sun ... (Note at bottom right) => To be removed! It would be interesting to know what the note said, but is clearly connected to the Round Earth Version that we rejected.

Diagram II:
- 2 . (upper right corner) => To be removed!
- ILMEN (twice) => To be kept.
- Earambar & Ilurambar => To be removed! As we have taken the Wall of Night to be more like a city wall we can not use it in the places of Ilurambar. For me removal is the safest way.
- KÚMA (twice) => To be kept.
- VAIYA (above AMBAR) => VAIYA
- Vista => VISTA I think we should regulary use capitals in all three Diagrams
- Endor => Endon
- PEL- MAR => To be kept? As this is in Map IV set with the addition “or Middel-earth” we could change it to “Endor”. Oppinions?
- Formen => To be kept.
- Harmen => [u]Hyarmen[/b]
- AMBAR => To be kept.
- VAIYA (below AMBAR) => EKKAIA
- MARTALMAR => To be kept.
- ILU => ARDA
- The World: From Formen (North) to Harmen (South) => The World: From Formen (North) to Hyarmen (South)

Diagram III:
- The Straight Path (twice) => To be kept.
- VAIYA => To be kept.
- ILMEN => To be kept.
- Valinor => To be kept.
- Eressëa => To be kept.
- WILWA (crossed out) => To be removed.
- A = This is probably a reference mark to Diagram I, but I think due to ist unclear use, we should remove it.
- Old Lands => To be kept.
- AMBAR => To be kept.
- New Lands => To be kept.
- Vista => VISTA
- The World after the Cataclysm and the ruin of the Númenoreans => To be kept.

There one farther point about the Maps:
- In Map V we have “Enchnated or Magic Isles”. We decisede not to us “Magic” for the work of the Valar. Therefore we must change it here to “Enchanted Isles”

In addition to the text and the diagrams and maps we have the list of cosmological words. What are we going to do with that?

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote