View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #9
Azrakhor Akallabeth
Animated Skeleton

Azrakhor Akallabeth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azrakhor Akallabeth
Life is like a fistful of Russell Stovers...

After reading some of this thread (and counting) I have to say that one thing is certain- true Tolkien fans are some of the liveliest, ultra-witty and intelligent bipedal (and otherly ambulatory) humanoids in all of Middle Earth. It's no wonder when the overly self-congratulating find the Professors work to be uninteresting. They appear to lack the depth to appreciate the richness of his. Such amazing men as he are not only extremely rare, but are (very nearly) responsible for making this life worth all the trouble (how many parenthesis is one allowed per paragraph?).

So, having voiced that scathing and abrasive opinion (concerning out-worlders), I must second the sentiments concerning all dullards who think Tolkien's work is boring (at best) and annoying (in the least), and the "Legolasites", or however one might pronounce it (sounds like parasites), who are only in it for the killer cool contact lenses and the sick snow sledding shield. These, without a doubt, come from Mordor as surely as will my (someday) future mother-in-law.

And to add my own personal bias- Anything that walks with more than four legs.
Azrakhor Akallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote