View Single Post
Old 06-16-2002, 12:29 PM   #294
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

On the main deck of the elven ship a large table had been hastily set up. The crews and captains of the ships were all gathered on deck, looking at the maps that Pio had laid out. Tuor scrutinized one tattered map closely and drew the crowd's attention to a certain location on it. He circled the area surrounding it with the tip of his knife.

'This is where we are presently.' He pointed to an area fairly south of Umbar. 'And this is where we need to be.' He indicated a route around the cape that lead into the Inner Seas.

'Where would be a good place to launch our operation?', asked Child, who was eyeing the maps with a somewhat proprietary air.

Tuor indicated a place where the elven ship could anchor and the other ships would be hidden behind an outcropping of cliff that edged into the sea.

Bird came closer and looked at the route that Tuor had marked. 'Looks do-able.' she said. 'But what I'm wondering about is this whole "hostage" thing. Who's going to do this?'

Pio looked at Tuor, and then back at Bird.

'It has to be Frodo, Bird.', she said. 'And Sam.'

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]