Thread: Faramir's age.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #31
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
(I always thought it was a trifle coy for Aragorn to enter the city anonymously and make a big deal of making no "open claim," despite having blatantly and unmistakenly declared his claim when he broke the Royal Standard from his flagship)
I'm not sure why he'd do that either. He did also fulfill a belief about the healing hands of the Kings in the Houses of Healing so that could have been an aid to any claim. IMO most of Gondor was basically made up of Middle Men now. Few houses were like that of the Steward's and for Aragorn to come in there as he was a man of lengthy years looking like he was Faramir's age or some such the people would jump at him being their king. He'd be like the living incarnation of stories of the long-lived kings of Gondor. Obviously the higher ups had a say in accepting the king and maybe if Denethor still lived it would be a debate like Arvedui had. Denethor was described as one like nearest kin to Aragorn and he and his house or people who were of like mind would not be much impressed with Aragorn as they were pretty impressive themselves though not as long-lived.

Last edited by Belegorn; 03-05-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Belegorn is offline   Reply With Quote