View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #66
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The skies had opened seemingly the second the group had left Rómenna. In what could only be described as a more and more predictable force of fury by nature, the rain drove into the riders and the ground, churning what seemed as much mud as the hooves of the kariborim. Inzi silently thanked the Valar for the good fortune. As uncomfortable and dirty as it was to ride in this weather (cleaning the mud from the tack would take hours), she knew that very few would set foot outdoors until the rain stopped. The fewer outside, the less likely the three were to be spotted. Ironically, it was just as she thought this, some two hours into the ride, that the rain suddenly stopped. She sighed, laughed at the fickleness of nature, and thanked the Valar for the bright sunlight that would have her dry in no time.

It was at this time that the three stopped to water their mounts and to set their plans in stone... or at least more in stone than they were now. After seeing to Kali, who she had retaken from Thoronmir after his disappearance, Inzi spoke to the two men.

"Brothers in this mission... thank you for allowing me to ride beside you. I'm afraid I must beg of you another favor... your ears, and your advice. It is somewhat um... less than prudent... for me to ride into Arminalêth such as I am. I would be recognized as a child of Elendil in a matter of moments, and as such, the wife of a political prisoner. Many know of me, and some actually know me as a person." She laughed hollowly, wondering why she had been so hasty in joining this expedition. She was a danger to them as she was... it must be remedied, and fast. "I propose a disguise, for myself at the least. I cannot ride to the city as Inzillomi, daughter of Elendil. I would have no reason to be there, and I would be too easily recognized, endangering the mission. What say you to me riding double with one of you... as a sister, or a wife? I can change the first impression of myself at need, but I am in need of a new identiy, it seems. What think you?"