View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 08:32 AM   #132
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Myself being involved in the Revised Silmarillion Project do not feel at all attacked by any post in this thread. There are persons who feel that what we do have a purpose, and there are those who doesn't. I'm ok with that. Both opinions are valid of course.
For me personally, I have learned a lot that normally I wouldn't if I had not being involved in this project and that is a plus for me. (I think that this may apply to all of the members) Most of the discussions that occur in that place of the forum are really interesting, in a more scholarly way than those of the normal book section.
I don't think that it is precisely truth that only the people involved directly in the project would get a benefit.
I have given copies of a chapter that I'm working on to other people outside the project, and some have come up with a greater appreciation of that particular story, some have not even bother to read them. There are persons that because of that chapter have begun to wonder more about the story than if they wouldn't have read the copy.
Our purpose has never been a Publication of it, I just do it for fun. We thought that we could post it in the open forum here, unfortunately that won't be possible, the Tolkien estate will not allow that.
Would we ever finish such a project? I don't know.