View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #85
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I know I have way too many characters already, but I just couldn't resist when I remembered I had a character in the Green Dragon Inn (nine years ago, eek) that I only wrote a couple of posts for. Terrible waste of a developed character, methinks. So, she's going to visit the Meadhall, and if I think I can juggle 3 1/2 characters and/or enjoy writing her very much, she may stay. I also added two NPC soldiers that might be interested in staying in Scarburg for longer.

~*~

NAME: Brith (short for Brithiel)

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 26, female, from the city of Calembel in Gondor

APPEARANCE: Brith is a beautiful woman with long black hair and sparkling dark eyes. She is slender, if not even too thin, and always well dressed.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Brith is very kind, shy and sensitive. She relies more on emotion than reason, and her logic isn't always the easiest to follow. She has seen a lot of the world for a young woman, but is still prone to daydreaming.

Brith is the middle child born to a captain of the guard and a seamstress favoured by the Lady of Calembel. As a young maid she learnt her mother's craft, even though she never had her older sister's skill with needle and thread. She has also been somewhat reared in the manners befitting a court lady.

Following an unfortunate breaking of her engagement, Brith left Gondor seven years ago and hasn't been back since. She briefly visited the Shire and then made her way to Arnor, where her uncle is among the settlers re-establishing the North Kingdom in the name of King Elessar. In Arnor, Brith was once again engaged to be married, but things went awry for the second time.

Soon after, Brith decided to make her way back south. Her plan was to find her first betrothed, who had left her for an Eorling woman all those years ago, and finally lay the ghosts of her past to rest. She has now spent the winter in Edoras and learnt her former intended's wife is from a family near Scarburg, and consequently joined the caravan heading for the Meadhall.

~*~

Fréa and Caranthir are NPCs, freely to be used by any writer.

NAME: Fréa and Caranthir - 2 soldiers travelling with Brith

Since leaving Arnor, Brith has been travelling with two soldiers in their middle to late forties. Fréa, an Eorling, and Caranthir, a man of Gondor, are veterans of many wars together and nigh inseparable brothers-in-arms. In their old days, the two have sought more peaceful employment, protecting travelers and merchants across Middle-Earth. Recently they made a decision to return to Fréa's homeland, the Riddermark. They are currently seeking more permanent employment.

Brief descriptions of Fréa and Caranthir:

Fréa is tall and sandy-haired and has an amiable personality. Caranthir, more quiet and taciturn, is sturdy and has a salt-and-pepper beard. Caranthir speaks the language of the Men of the Mark fluently but with a Gondorian accent.

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-14-2015 at 10:19 PM.