View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #362
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Cir woke as her brother's excited voice penetrated her sleep, or at least the Elvish version of it. Ignoring him she snuggled further under the covers and dozed back off, but was rudely reawakened as he pulled her blanket away from her. Shielding her eyes from the bright rays of sunshine coming through the uncovered window Cir gave her brother a glare that told him exactly what she thought of being disturbed this early.

"Maybe I shouldn't have teased him for being the second born all those years." She mused to herself, grumpily retrieving her blanket from the floor where Cir had thrown it. "Then perhaps he wouldn't be quite so keen to beat me in getting everywhere else."

Her thoughts were interrupted as her brother once again prevented her from returning to her blissfully unaware state by talking at her, and far too loudly for this time in the morning.

"There were wolves! Down in the courtyard, the Hobbits and others were fighting them off!"

Startled Cir woke up enough to glance out of the window, not awake enough yet to think that her brother might have made the whole thing up. Sure enough the dead body of a wolf was lying there.

"Do you think we should go down?" Cir's concerned voice reached her ears and she turned away, yawning wide.

"No, I'm sure it's alright now." She mumbled sleepily, thinking the danger past.

"But there was more than one, the others just ran off, it - "

"Tell you what Cir," she interrupted a little sharply, desperate to get back to bed, "why don't you go down, have some breakfast and see if they need any help with anything. You take our money and I'm sure Dick will tell you how much you need to pay."

She eyed him, knowing he was aware of her dislike for early morning starts, but also knowing that this knowledge gave him the power to seriously annoy her if he chose to. Fortunately it seemed that he was more interested in the goings on downstairs than needling her as he made ready to go.

As he headed out of the door Cir closed the curtains, blocking out the sunlight, and fell back onto her bed, asleep before she landed.