View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #67
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Okay, rather that follow the boring popular trend of saying "see my post for changes, if you're interested", I'll repost here- with as many new answers as possible, for maximum humour and current accuracy.

Name: Michael A. Joosten in writing, Michael or Mike to my friends, Form/Formie in colloquial 'Downsian, and Formendacil on the Memberslist.

Quest: To get into college. There are a few Balrogs along the way, it seems.

Favourite colour: Blue- as in Alberta skies blue. Or green. Lots of lovely green.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Was Gandalf/Túrin, is probably Pengolod at the moment...

Least beloved Tolkien character: Saeros -the once and future least favourite.

Worst habit: Finger-biting. Not nail-biting, but biting off bits of dry skin around the nails... - but allow me to add myself the procrastinator's club. That and staying up late and getting up late. (Though that's you guys'es fault )

Best habit: On the 'Downs, every day. *Has No Life Smiley*

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Can't say that I have one... but I might have a 'Downsian crush or two. No! I'm not telling.

Weirdest hobby: Editing the Silmarillion. Yes, you read that aright.

Best place in Middle Earth: The ruins of Gondolin. Pity it drowned.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Roma, Italia. Loved it there- but to add to that old answer, I'm currently in love with Edmonton. And not because the Oilers are winning- hopes of school and easy-to-follow streets sit very well with me.

Most embarrassing moment: Getting on the wrong school bus in Grade 1. Still upsets my stomach thinking about it- but more recently... showing up in Edmonton at 9:00 in the morning after a 2.5 hour drive only to learn that the event was cancelled... Oops! Guess I didn't get hte memo...

Most daring moment: Still not sure... I'm not really the daring sort. Tell you in a few months' time, let's say.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Ian McKellan and Sean Bean. They both played the roles exactly as I imagined- the answer of of is unchanged.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Huge Weaving. Great actor, but 100% un-Elrond.- but I have to change this now. Hugo may not LOOK like Elrond, but i'm liking his performance more... Arwen gets the "worst" title now, by default.

Theme song: Pachebel's Canon- but I'm currently really liking the soundtrack from Narnia... That battle theme makes great driving music, for some reason.

Style guru: Winston Churchill.

Most crucial accessory: Glasses. Especially when driving.

Greatest weakness: Food. I'd pillage for a chocolate bar.

Greatest strength: Again... I'm not all that concerned about money. And I manage it well. I don't know if it's a strength, but I'm also incapable of holding a grudge, it seems.... (not that I haven't tried).

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Was CbC... was Mirth... looks like it's the RPG forums these days... and my PM box- always something good there.

Best Downer Buddy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, months ago,
But I chat/PM with Lhuna more than a little- and share some similar worldviews. Put her down as the answer of the month.
Answer of the month? That's changed... In case you the reader has not noticed, Lhuna is now affectionately referred to by me as my little sister. So she's definitely my best 'Downer buddy. Other people I seem to talk a lot with include: Fea (on all matters philosophical), Diamond (random Werewolf opinions), Abercrombie (all matters nonsensical), and TGWBS (all matters of Popular and Historical Culture).

There are others... but these are the ones who talk to me the most (aka: they have the least Lives).

Parting shot: Long Live Minas Taxi!