View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #169
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Onli

“Is it alright?”

Onli looked back at Kórin and then at Vriti who stopped by her feet. He shook his head.

"I don't know what she's gotten herself into. Probably crawling someplace where she should not have been." Onli was more thinking aloud than talking to Kórin. He frowned, now switching his gaze between the ferret and the woman.

"I think I - " he started, then forced himself to be more official.

"I trust you will find your way from here, Kórin. I do not expect you to return to Náli, it would be most unwise, as you have certainly noticed." He gave to Kórin a smile as much comforting as he could. "I am sure your brother will be all right. Náli is wise, and besides..." He made a wide gesture with his right hand, leaving the sentence unfinished, but looking at Kórin supportively, so as to make her feel that he could be the one she could turn to if there was any help needed concerning her brother; trying to make her feel that he is the one with enough power to talk to Náli on Kór's behalf.

"If you will excuse me now, then, I have other pressing matters to take care of," he said, and turning to one of the corridor entrances in the hewn wall, he slowly left. Vriti was following him.

"Come on," he sighed, turning to her, as soon as she assumed Kórin to be far away enough from them. Once again, he could smell the foul stench, so discomforting that he actually shuddered.

"That is disgusting," he said, reluctantly touching the animal. "I have to wash you, Vriti. Come." And picking her up, feeling a bit uncomfortable from the unusual odour, he carried her towards his chambers.