View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #128
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Onli

Nîsa returned Onli's gaze, but at the moment Kénan's grandson addressed him.

"Onli, I'm sorry I didn't see you standing there."

Onli was not exactly happy to be dragged out into the light at that very moment. But now that the boy had pointed him out, he stepped out of the shadows, polishing the front of his vest. Facing heated Kénan, he tried to put on his most comforting smile. He raised his other hand in a soothing gesture.

"You should not mind me. I am just passing through with Nîsa," he glanced into the room, noticing Trór. It was perhaps not wise to talk about his original intentions to coming here now in front of Kénan, he thought. Besides, Onli was still unsure what to do now: whatever the situation of the colony was right now, it was certainly unpleasant; however, upon looking at Trór, he started to wonder once again whether it won't be useful after all to talk to him now. He has already come this far! And now, perhaps, when Trór has to worry about the war, he might give ear to somebody who will be able to manage the administration of the colony... And who knows, if Onli will be granted any status, then perhaps even if the current leader is dead later, the status will be preserved.

Onli shuddered. It was not right after all to think like this. He felt a bit uneasy. Then he noticed that the two are still watching him. He got lost in his thoughts but for one or two breaths, but he realised he did not finish what he was saying.

He bowed. "I greet you, venerable master Kénan," he said. He tried to recall what Kénan's grandson's name was, but could not come to any conclusion.
"And you too, my young friend," he decided to avoid trying to name the boy. "It was truly not my intention to disturb you in any way."

"We just had some business to attend around here," Onli continued with the comforting smile. To support the feeling of "we", he glanced over his shoulder at Nîsa and smiled. "I hope you will excuse us." He felt no need to rouse the feelings inside Kénan concerning the just passed council. He hoped that Kénan will just get past it and leave them. It was uncertain however what he might do in a mood like this.