View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #25
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What I assign to Mordor:

Bullies (who made my life hell as a pupil and teacher).

"Baby on Board" car hangers. What are they for? Are they are to brag about the driver's fertility or are they merely intended to insult the humanity of every other driver on the road?....

People who don't indicate properly at roundabouts ( funny how some really expensive cars don't have indicators that work...)

People who talk very loudly into their cell phones particularly on trains - I don't mean the 5 second long " can you meet me at the station at X o'clock ?" type calls but the ones where you unavoidably find yourself knowing far too much about the intimate lives of complete strangers.

People who never do anything useful but delight in interfering - and in spreading bad news ( that disposes of my sibling, in case the lawyer thing misses out on a technicality....)

Salesmen who prey on vulnerable elderly people in their own homes.... grr

Beyond avaricious property developers - and those who never stop bleating about how much their house is worth.

Hypocrites

Baked beans

Milk

The only problem is that I will probably end up in Mordor myself (do poor pro-hunting (if you care about wildlife ban the car and the cat...), classical music lovers with low self esteem still have to go? )I did leave teaching so that should pacify a few... but there is not a lot I can do about my height. I am working for lawyers at the moment but only on a temporary contract and believe me I have never been so glad that I crashed my a-levels and couldn't do law.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote