View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #153
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
NOTICE: cross-posted with all since Fea's long post "Everybody that directly mentioned her". I don't have time (or more, energy) to write another thing corresponding to the posts I x-posted with, but I will surely think about them till tomorrow. The main point of this is that the concerned person, morm, has posted meanwhile.

I don't have probably much to add to what was already said. I believe most of what was voiced makes sense, except for, as always, my wife, who is chatting here and making improbable theories instead of preparing something to eat for me (that's how it works at us Sackville-Bagginses). What I mean: Agan, the reasons you say could have been also reasons for her getting killed seem to be very, very weak points. I mean, seriously, I don't think anyone would kill Valier only because he considered her hunches dangerous or that he was a quiet one (that seems really silly to me because there were others speaking about quiet ones and, anyway, surely not ALL the wolves are quiet ones? Or what? Well they could be, but I believe everyone focuses, to a certain extent, on the quiet ones. At least in certain stage of the game it would come). These could have been secondary reasons, but if one of them were, there had to be also one primary reason that was not one of these two. And that I believe to be her comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
But please I beg you...give me more time to help this village out, I am sure my feelings eventually will lead us to at least one of our furry friends.
As it was said. I think it's as simple as that: the wolves said "Look, probably a Seer" (and even if she isn't, why not to try). That seems the most probable to me. The question would be, what part in their reasoning plays morm - is he one of them? Could be: it's not very clever for a wolf to eliminate a person who seems to nail you, the more if he later shows to be a Seer who dreamt of you (which could very well be true), but still it's better to eliminate her when she speaks only about "hunches" and while she does not say yet "he is a wolf, because I dreamt of him". Other possibility, likewise probable - morm is not a wolf, but the wolves noticed an opportunity to pass the guilt on someone else. Why not? Solving two problems at once. Third possibility, they simply did not care and the main thing was killing Valier. Fourth possibility, morm is one of them and he wanted to use this as a double-trick, as he could cover himself by saying "of course had I been a wolf I wouldn't have done that". But the latter seems the least probable to me, because no one says it would even work. It would be more like a random toss: okay, it will bring me in the spotlight, let's see if I can save myself or not.
But all of this is stemming from the basic idea, as I said, that Valier was killed because of being the Seer. It's not the only possibility, but for me really the most probable. I can't just imagine a clever wolf-morm saying "Arrgh! Valier voted me, we must kill her!" as the only reason. He would have three companions to calm him down, in any case.

So, as I said - I agree with the basic opinion that was outlined here, and for the finish before I go to sleep, I can say my feelings on the posts of the people who appeared here today this far. Lommy, especially her last (totally confused ) post strike me as very innocentish (if you are a wolf, Lommy, this far you are fooling me brilliantly). Sally makes me quite nervous with these cannibalistic notes, but she is always like that, as far as I noticed. The Might holds up to the image I have created of him, so even he looks more or less okay. Fea is helpful... very helpful. Does she do that always? Agan, last but not least, seems genuine, though... though. Her points that I criticised above play no role in that - they seem genuine. Simply wrong (from my POV) opinions. But the general way of the post can be also that a wolf has arrived here, realised where the wind is turning to and posted according to it. But who knows.

I'm leaving now. Bye.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote