View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #27
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wow, that is really scary.

I have been in a similar situation before, when all I did one summer was reread LOTR over and over. My parents were very concerned about me and I couldn't figure out why. They need not have been; even LOTR eventually gets dull once you've learned it by heart, and I've found the Downs so I could express my interest for Tolkien in ways other than reading the same book. And for another year or so my parent's didn't even know I'm still interested in Tolkien (because they did not know about the Downs).

Now, I would say I'm not obsessed with Tolkien in RL. I like him very much, but I'm not obsessed. I'm obsessed with him on the Downs (which is the point). However, in RL I'm obsessed with the Downs, because it's such a part of my daily life now.