View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 09:47 AM   #22
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Of course Sauron wouldn't die, but he would be small again. And while the one wielding the Ring, should sit on his throne, I don't think Sauron would grow great enough to overthrow him again.
I have a different point of view than you on this issue. I believe that given long enough, the new wielder's tainting and growing subjection to the power of the ring would enable Sauron to swoop in. If someone is subject to the ring, then they would obey its wishes, and its wishes are always to be reunited with its master.

After years upon years of mentle struggle, the new wielder would become a broken slave to the ring, only appearing to be a mighty lord (the mighty lord would actually be the ring, the bearer would be its body). The wielder's own will would be broken. When that point is reached the spirit of Sauron could come to the wielder and retake his ring, and the ring bearer would not have the will to resist the ring's urging.

I don't think Sauron would have to become great again and rule a kingdom to retake the ring.

That's the way I see it, anyway.