View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 02:38 PM   #670
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

After long converse about hurt, pain and much suffering, Fáinu felt reluctant to leave. It was long since he had had good company, he enjoyed to talk with Adu and did not want to leave, but he knew he must. Sorrowfully he rose and forced a smile.

"I am sorry Adu," he said at last, "I must depart now and perhaps come to Imladris, as I was asked to return after my errand was complete. Wither are you bound?"

Adu made no reply but looked sorrowfully into the fire. He had wished so long for company, and Adu seemed to have enjoyed his company.

"If you have no bonds," He said, "When your companions are here, will you consider following me thither?" He peered about the room nervously, as if he expected attack. "I must leave now and seek Dwaline. A dwarf whom I met on my way to the grey havens, I will return in the evening. Will you still be here?"

Adu turned and smiled, Fáinu smiled back and departed. He walked briskly to the door and opened it; two Hobbits rushed passed him and nudged him as he departed.