View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 02:31 PM   #669
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
As luncheon ended the door to the Inn opened and Posco and Lily entered, looking well-pleased. Both had flushed faces and sparkling eyes, and while Posco's wind-blown hair didn't look too unnatural it was a little odd to see Lily's hair in such a mess. Blanco gave a cry and flung himself across the room, throwing his arms about Posco and saying, 'Oh, I've missed you so much! I'm so glad you're not hurt! I'm so glad to see you again! I'm so glad!'

Posco slowly coloured and glanced around the room, and murmured in an agitated whisper, 'Please, Blanco, don't hug me in front of everybody. I'm glad to see you, too.' He patted his brother's shoulder and carefully extracted himself from the grip. Blanco stepped back, grinning madly, smoothed his hair out of his eyes, and bowed to Lily. 'Miss Lily, I trust your ride was enjoyable?'

'Very,' she said, and she smiled at Posco. A shadow passed briefly over Blanco's face, but soon his eyes were shining again as he led them both to their table. 'Miss Lily,' he said, 'may I present my sister, Peony, and Donnamira, a little friend of ours.' There was an exchange of greetings, and then everyone sat easily at the table. Blanco sat next to Posco, one arm about his brother's shoulder.

'Well,' said he, looking from one to the other. 'Perhaps you would like a late luncheon, and then when evening comes we can sit by the fire and you can tell us of what you did on the ride. We'll let you think it over now, though.'