View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 08:44 AM   #665
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
"Where do you live now if not in Rohan?" Fáinu asked, "Here in the Shire?" Adu sat there silent. Though she knew none but few felt the way she did. "I live no where now. I'm only staying here for a short time. Rohan is no longer my home." Her words echoed in her heart. But Rohan is everything I have now. "The sea only tells me to stay away. For I am not worthy to be around the glory of the elves. Why leave a world that still needs me?" The only thing Adu knew was that her father had left these lands and she wasn't wanting to join him. "I could never live in the Shire. Too much merriment for me. After all it only reminds me of how gloomy my life is already. Why should I be reminded of it all? Why should I be tortured everyday?" Her words were swallowed up by the sounds in the room.

What once was a whisper had become a full out right shout. Adu could choose to leave and go some where else, but where would that be. She feared staying in a place for too long. Adu slipped her hand in her pocket and felt of the ring her friend had given her. Jack had left her once and then came back to her. The only thing was... Jack had changed and Adu didnt' know him any more. Why should I suffer while everyone else gets to be happy? What is left for me in this life? Do I just stand around and do nothing but soak up my undieing defeat? I have got to do something now. I can't just setting her moping.

Adu looked down into her mug. The ale reflected her face. For once in her long life Adu finally saw the scars she had acquired. These were not physical scars these were the scars on her heart. "My heart is probably dead to everything," Adu figured Fáinu had over heard her words. "After all who can keep their own heart from withering away? I have seen my own "friends" find happiness in others. For me I do not believe that is so easily accomplished." Adu looked up at Fáinu and smiled. "Oh forgive me I am going on and on about my troubles. Few care and then again few do care at all about me."