View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 07:13 AM   #650
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

Peering about the room, Fáinu saw upon the wall a picture of a Dragon and was filled with sadness. He looked at his right hand and moved the fingers, looking again into his mug again he began to think back to the day when Smaug had attacked. But thence he heard the sound of laughter, a joke had been told at a nearby table and the roars of laughter startled him.

Over by the fire Fáinu saw another sitting alone. It was Aduthondiel, and he thought he had spent too long alone, and so went to greet here. Slowly he got up and drained his mug, but there was a bitter taste in it and he shook his head. Going to the fire he pulled up a chair.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" he asked, Aduthondiel made not answer but put out her arm in a gesture of acceptance. “I tire of being alone, and wish for converse.”
Fáinu looked about the room and saw that a few hobbits were looking curiously at him and so quickly he turned back to Aduthondiel.

"Greetings, I am Fáinu, and I have come from Imaladris." he said sitting down, "Whom, prey, art thou?"
He placed his pack under the chair and sat back, the fire was warm, but often he looked away from it, as there was a fear in his heart and the screams of Dale oft came to haunt him.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-25-2004 at 09:07 AM.