View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 05:38 PM   #648
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
'Bah,' said Marcho, after a brief pause had commenced. His eyes travelled the Common Room critically, and disapproval was written all over his face. His voice was particularly harsh, and it was enough to make even Blanco turn towards him surprise. 'Bah?' that neat and bold lad repeated.

'Yes,' said Marcho. 'What is the Shire coming to? Look, do you see all the Elves? And the Men? Do you see any Hobbits?'

'Yes,' said Blanco, more than a little surprised. 'I see you, Marcho, and I see Bingo, and Peony, and...'

Marcho interrupted him with a growl, but Peony smiled in a gentle way. 'Don't you think, Marcho, that most hobbits adore to see Elves and Men in the Inn? This is one of the only places in the Shire they can be seen; I am full of wonderment at the sight of the Fair Folk. And to see the Elves, Men, and Hobbits speak with each other, in such a companiable way! Does it not strike you as sweet?'

'You strike me as sweet, Peony,' said Blanco, smiling fondly at his sister. Marcho said nothing but he grunted his lasting disapproval. Conversation once again drifted away, and in silence they waited for the return of Lily and Posco. Blanco was beginning to fidget restlessly in his chair.