View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 03:28 PM   #19
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Iaurhirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Iaurhirwen
I do agree, though Ian Holm did a outstanding job as Bilbo and that is whom I will always think about when refering to Bilbo in any way, his is simply to old to reprise his role in The Hobbit. I believe that a not well known actor would be best for Bilbo, you know the whole idea of an unlikely hero = unlikely main star.

For the voice of Smaug, I am for Alan Rickman all the way. He has this great voice that will just send shivers down your spine. You couldn't have asked for a better Snape in Harry Potter, he's my favorite character (oh, wait, wrong forum ) But anyway, in my mind his voice just seems perfect for the role.

To draw in the teenybopper crowds, Legolas should probably make a cameo. I know a number of people (not only girls ) who would go to a movie simply because Orlando Bloom is in it But he would be funny.

The white council is deffinately needed for the movie so people don't get to confused as to where the !@#$$%^&* Gandalf is. (I like random symbols) Just for the sake of not confusing those poor, poor souls who have never read books and doesn't have a clue what's going on, some back stories do need to be expounded upon.

A cameo by Andy Serkis is a must! I am also in favor of continuity with all of the elves that we have seen in LOTR simply so those poor soals are not even more confused!

As for the other major roles, I have to think about it, especially the dwarves. Need to find some good dwarves.
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos

Last edited by Iaurhirwen; 02-23-2004 at 04:25 PM.
Iaurhirwen is offline   Reply With Quote