View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 03:31 PM   #30
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I'd say that since being a hobbit implies that you're born as a hobbit, electricity and stuff probably shouldn't factor into it so much - you would never have had them, and so wouldn't miss them. And in a way, you'd have the most comfortable standard of living in ME - I don't see even most Gondorians as possessing luxuries like tea-kettles [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. And you'd probably be a bit of a homebody by nature, unless of course you were a Took, and then you'd have the privilege of being well-off and well-placed enough that you'd have the time (and the money!) to go off on travels. So you'd be pretty well set.

I still don't think I'd do it, though - hobbits are long-lived in general, but their medicine still seems a touch too rudimentary. Granted, you don't miss things like pills and x-rays if you've never experienced them, but still...being ill and basically having to trust to nature for the cure is not at all fun.