View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #71
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Empty handed and damp-haired, LinGalad strode happily through the gate of Isengard and turned towards the Inn and his friends.

The previous night as people dispersed to their rooms, he had put his things in his room. But he had no desire to sleep. Restless, he had wandered back outside under the stars, out of the city and up the river, and gone for a swim. Refreshed and relaxed, he had been tempted to linger there, but he lectured himself about responsibility and duty, and turned back down the hill and returned to the city.

LinGalad approached the Inn surprised at his own eagerness. He was looking forward to seeing his new friends again. These people were odd, but they were... well, friends. He liked them. Even Ajada, although he was far from understanding her, and he didn't exactly want to be alone with her if he could possibly help it. But they were all very interesting. He was happy around Kalir, and interested in the other men-folk, and he liked the elves, and... well, he was fairly comfortable around everyone but Ajada and the intimidating wizard.

As he entered the Inn, he was glad to see Kalir, Avery, Ajada, and Anarya. There was no sense of peace or harmony between them, and LinGalad hesitated; but there was no outright hostility either, and he approached carefully, glancing from eye to eye.

Kalir grinned at him. "Hi, Laddie-Boy."

Ajada scowled suspiciously at LinGalad. Out all night, eh? Off conniving and plotting about his outrageous, insidious scheme to subjugate Middle-Earth. I'd better not take my eyes off of him. Except that I also have to watch Kalir. And now Avery. Rats! She suspiciously muttered, "Hello."

Avery glared at Ajada, and then said, "Good morning, LinGalad, how are you today?"

Anarya shot Ajada a puzzled glance and then met LinGalad's eyes. "Hello, LinGalad."

"Good morning, and hello," he replied, veering slightly away from Ajada and towards Kalir. "I am fine, thank you. Are we training this morning?" he said with a mix of eagerness and reluctance. "I could use the practice, although I hesitate to display my lack of skill."

He uses his false modesty to camoflage his insidious and evil activities, Ajada reminded herself.

Kalir laughed. "Looks like you just got clean. Are you sure you want to exercise now?"

"Oh, I don't mind swimming several times in one day, " LinGalad replied hastily. "I'll go fetch my blade, if this is practice-time." He looked around, waiting for an answer.

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]