View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:59 AM   #374
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well, I believe I was Brinn's number 12 as we met yesterday in London. It was such great fun. We started by getting lost and going the wrong way round Regent's Park which was my fault and is a good way to start the day, learning to work together. But we eventually found London Zoo and spent about 5 hours in it! Such a fun time and we found the otters at the end who more than made up for the entry fee. We stood watching them for about 40 minutes I think because they were playing and looking out for their food which finally came. I think Brinn has about 30 pictures of them!

After we eventually dragged ourselves away (helped by the keepers who were trying to shut the zoo!) we went to Hamley's toy store where we played with pretty much everything, Brinn proved herself a far better racing gamer than me, and we found the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and everything else sci-fi on the fourth floor. There was some amazing stuff but it's all so expensive! Again we stayed until kicking out time because we were so taken with all the things.

We then went off to have dinner at this little place Brinn knows that does the most amazing desserts. Never mind about the actual meals, go for pudding! They did these amazing ice creams. Like, they had spaghetti made out of ice cream, and huge knickerbocker glory's. Ah, I was impressed! I was also impressed with the speed at which Brinn can eat ice cream. She'd finished when I'd only just got through the cream on the top!

Once we both felt our stomachs had been suitably coated with ice cream we wandered for a little while to find a bar and then ended up going to one Brinn had been to with Laitoste. Was a lovely little place with an even lovelier barman who kept giving us free drinks! We'd intended just to get a drink each and a shot as Brinn was introducing me to tequila, and we ended up with three extra shots completely free.

So, a slightly tipsy trip back to Victoria ensued! We spent a happy half hour waiting for my train and having a good old chat and then I disappeared onto the train and Brinn hopefully made her way home. I say hopefully as I haven't heard from her since! But then she is busy.

Overall then a very enjoyable day! As for Brinn, she was absolutely lovely. Nog may have thought her shy but then perhaps he is overly exuberant. My own shy nature meant I found her fantastic company and we got on really well which was good! Would love to meet her again someday, maybe when I've earned enough to get all the way to Idaho!