View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 10:08 PM   #19
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

In general agreement with most everyone else, I also really enjoyed C.S. Lewis and Stephen Lawhead. Although I have to admit that my favorite Lawhead books are not really "fantasy" per se. My all time favorite of his books is Byzantium, which is more along the lines of historical fiction, but I also really enjoyed the Empyrion books, which is science fiction. Science fiction is kind of fantasy I guess.
I read some of the Terry Brooks Shanarra series. I liked them, but alas, I got bogged down and gave up.
R.L. Stevenson's Kidnapped is also one of the best books ever written IMHO.
I also seem to have a need for a Star Trek fix in my literary life from time to time.
(cringes in embarassment)
I also have a voracious appetite for some fellow named Tolkien (oddly enough). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]