View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 10:16 AM   #13
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Linnamalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One just never knows. While browsing in rec.music.filk (I think that was the group) on Google, my sister stumbled on a thread about LOTR music, and called me in to look at it. One of the posters mentioned The Startlit Jewel, and another poster wrote that he had "one or two " available. I emailed him, and he still had one. It arrived yeasterday, pristine, in its lovely plastic wrap... brand new. I almost felt guilty taking the wrapper off. Part of me wishes I hadn't, but how do you get the music out and leave the wrapper intact? Lol!

Anyway, it really is lovely. Marion Zimmer Bradley had a real gift. And the music, rather than having the level of classical polish that the Ensemble sets do, is a much more folksy, round-the-campfire sort of sound.
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Linnamalle is offline   Reply With Quote