View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #154
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Before anyone gives me a solid argument why we should go for an imagined "village spokesman" and do what s/he says, or think the dead will follow her/his thoughts / advice / commands / position (aka. that we should interpret what the dead mean based upon whether they give the "spokesperson" the extra-vote or not), I'll be against it and do my best to thwart any actions proposed or interpretations of facts based on such an entity whether living or dead - unless, of course, there is this solid argument why I should think otherwise.

I'm not willing to tie my hands at this point of the game to any such folly - or willing to give any lycantrophe a get-away basing her/his actions or words on a such a thing.

We need to trust our wits and ability to think clearly - which this gang should be capable of - and not tie our hands into some general plans and rules (or give the baddies a chance to claim they did it) some people come by on Day1.
In general, I agree with this--which, considering we've disagreed on the merits of lynching on Day 1, and given that agreeing with Nog is historically somewhat troubling, I find somewhat disconcerting. However, since we're trying (against all Day 1 conventions) to think rationally, I shall not not let that sway against my prior thoughts unduly. At best, I think the spokesman idea likely to be one that easily goes astray. At worst, it allows living wolves to steer the village into an obsession with a semi-certainty.