View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #66
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
"10." Panakeia had just finished lugging the last of her spare tires into her lime green PT Cruiser. She brushed a stray piece of hair, still pea soup tinted, out of her eyes. Hard work that was. Best be setting off. She pulled at her hair again, shaking her head. I have a quick stop to make along the way.

As she was about to climb back into the car, pandemonium descended upon her once again. A bright yellow Blimmin' Barblecashing Corpulation van pulled into the lot, tires squealing. It cut a sharp turn to come directly in front of and perpendicular to her Cruiser. Panakeia was blocked in.

A tiny orc came flying out of the van and grabbed one of Panakeia's necklaces. He attached a my crow phone to the golden chain.

"What do you think you're doing? That's no pendant. Even if it is, it's ugly. Take it off!" Panakeia tried to yank the bird-shaped black object off of her jewelry and hurl it to the ground, but the orc snatched her hands away.

"Dhoun't thouth the my cwow phone," he scolded. "Woo have to weaw it for the weality tv thyow or we canh't hwer whath you'we saywing." A troll lumbered over with a kamura on his shoulder. The orc went on. "Dhith ith Bewt, youw kamuwa twow. He'ww wide whith woo an' woll the fiwim." Bert pulled open the passenger-side door and took a seat.

"Now just a second, don't I have anything to say about this? I don't want to be on any reality show."

The orc pulled out an official document and waved it under Panakeia's nose. "Ith's parth of the deaw for you to be in the Offending Pawty. Thayth tho wighth hwer. You have to be on the thyow, ow ewthe it'th vewy big twoubow for you. But of couwse woo wanth to be on the thyow. Ewryone wathes it. Woo'll be famouth."

"Famous, eh?" That sounded more appealing. "Well, maybe we can work something out."

The orc sprayed on. "Thath the thpiwit. See woo awound." He got back into the BBC van. It pulled into position behind the Cruiser and made ready to follow.

Panakeia's face was soaked. She stood for a moment, wiping her face clean. Then she turned around, hopped into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition. She instantly transformed into an orc.

Now that Panakeia was expecting the transformation, it was almost welcome. She turned to Bert. "Stay out of my way," she hissed through jagged yellow jaws, "and we'll get along fine." She slammed her foot down on the accelerator and sped out of the parking lot.

Last edited by Celuien; 12-10-2005 at 08:08 AM.