View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 12:44 AM   #165
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eorl of Rohan's post

Crystal? Ferethor's wavering senses clarified for a moment as he fell onto the tufts of long grass dazed. And in the next instant, Ferethor was aware of the vulnerable situation he was in and tried to rise to his feet but failed to do so. Gasping in bitter pain that flashed through his shoulder, Ferethor raised himself into a sitting position after much effort and found himself staring into concerned eyes of Crystal.

Her voice seemed dim and far away, somehow. "You are going to have to trust me to save your life. Otherwise, you'd die. Death. What a welcome proposition it seemed. Wincing in anguish, Ferethor tried to pull away but found not the strength to master his own body.

I could have died instead of Del. Crystal began yelling, but Ferethor did not hearken to what she was saying or anything else. He was younger then me and had a whole life ahead of him. I... I live for vengeance only which is scarcely a worthy cause. Yet why?

Ferethor's vision focused after a while and he could see Crystal kneeling next to him with a slim blade in her hand. Then bitter pain coursed to every senses and the Guard pulled away with a low cry of anguish. Why can't everyone just leave me alone to die? Crystal withdrew her hands for a moment in hesitation and whispered, "I am sorry if it hurts, but it is the only way." And Ferethor fell silent and let her work.

Even though time and pain were subjective it took long, Ferethor realized that his wound was probably more grievous then he first thought. But at last Crystal was done with what she was doing and bandaged the shoulder with white substance he did not recognize. Sighing in relief, Ferethor curled up like a wounded dog and unclenched his frozen fists.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-18-2004 at 02:24 AM.