View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #2304
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What on earth?

OMG

Okay. I feel both blame and being insulted at the same time. I'll send Groin a PM tomorrow (it's late today and I need to go to sleep).

But what I want to say publicly here is this.

We needed to remake the Mead Hall. There was no way we should have entered a lord similar to lord Eodwine into his place as lmp got out. To write a story one needs tensions and challenges. Who wishes to write about a normal life going fine as it has used to go? And don't get me wrong; the main feat of the Mead Hall has been the relations between people rather than achieving a goal or putting up a fight. And that's what's made me a fan of this. But this thread really needed some poking; to get the different characters to react to new conditions...

So I came up with lord Athanar who is different from lord Eodwine but still a good man, a staunch defender of Rohan, a true eorling war-hero, a part of the nobility of Rohan... And I wished to see how the characters of you old writers would learn to appreciate him - and surely how "the original Mead-Hallers" would change him and those who came with him!

Well, it seemingly crashed with Groin at least. And so early!

I'm very sad to see that - it was to be seen for some time though - but I never thought it was that serious. And as I say I do blame myself for it for being the introducer of that character he seemingly never got used to and decided to take it that way. But then again... my complaints I will leave for his eyes only, for now on. We'll see if we need to come back on them. Hopefully not.

Which doesn't mean I'd not love him back. On the contrary.

He has been a great writer of this Hall and I'll do whatever I can to get him back here - but to be dishonest with him.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-04-2010 at 08:45 PM.