View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #102
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I only just clicked on this thread, out of curiosity...and I was surprised to see my own name come up on the first page. I'd assumed it was fairly simple. :P There is a spelling error in the actual name, I'm aware--I got it from the Hobbit Name Generator waaaay back in the day. I knew that when I registered here, but for the first time in my life, I liked the misspelling better than the actual spelling, at least in reference to myself--Azaelia looks like me. Azaelea does not. Can't explain it any better than that. *shrug* Just didn't want you all to think I wasn't aware that my own name was spelled wrong.

Ibrin's name takes the cake, though: Ibrîniðilpathânezel. Sooo many accents, so little time! Heh. Took me forever to work out a pronounciation, which I finally achieved by ignoring the accents alltogether. I feel like I should hand her (?) an award for "Best Use Of Accents" or some such.

EDIT: Also, a-HAH! I thought I was going crazy. It's nice to know that William did, for whatever reason, add an 'n' to his name. I'd been squinting at his name for days, wondering what wasn't right about it.