View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Admin thread for TIG Whatever - Mith's game

UPDATE:

I will post the game intro in time for the start but this is the basic game set up for the benefit of all (the gifted know a little about their roles).

18 players (singers)

3 wolves (Critics in this game - they do all the off stageslaughtering in the opera!). they PM at night and attack one player each night. They win when their number equal the number of non-wolves.

1 cobbler/spy (Walter Plinge - the name is a theatre joke and should not be taken as gender identification - opera is a gender bending environment - if Walter gets referred to as he it is because it is a male name) Walter gets to spy on one other player each night and learns their role. This information is passed to the critic by a dead drop at the beiginning of the next night before Walter goes spying again. So the critics and Walter are ignorant of each other's identities. If Walter is "lynched" the wolves will obviously not receive the previous nights info.

1 seer - a dreamer of dreams. Will learn the truth of a player's identity each night.

1 Diva/Divo. A singer so great that they are impervious to the attacks of the critics (unless they become an overwhelming force at endgame) . May be "lynched" or killed in error by the avenging soulmate. (see below)

2 soulmates - opera throws up some great partnerships and these 2 know each other so well that they cannot be decieved as to the other's identity. The may PM during day phases only.
If one dies the other lives but may try to avenge them by taking out one other singer. NB As I said, opera is a mixed up world for gender and no restriction was placed on gender combination when drawing for these role.

You are invited to "audition " for my forthcoming Opera themed Werewolf game. I hope to start as soon as I can after the current game finishes and would like an idea of numbers so I can decide special roles.

Anyone interested in playing please post stating preferred voice type/or non singing role (this does not have to be your true vocal range - this is a game ), region you wish to represent and ME race, stage name if different, and whether you are a definite (DVWP) or a maybe.

Yours as ever,

Mithalwen.

Audition List : In approximate order of altitude....

Satansaloser?, soprano
Feanor of the Peredhil, Belfalas (mezzo-)soprano
Ilya, mezzo-soprano
Kath
Aganzir, Minas Tirith contralto
Gwathagor (Gwathagorio), lyric tenor/spinto
Shastanis Althreduin (tenor leggierio / lyric tenor)
Nogrod (typically indicisive - anywhere between lyric and buffo - or baritone )
The Phantom (typically versatile and with great range)
TGWBS
Meneltarmacil - baritone
Macalaure
Gollum the Great? - bass-baritone
Boromir 88 basso profundo, Rohan

“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 01-06-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Add names
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote