View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #215
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Day 21, 19th June, 1589

"A hot day, we have wandered far unto the deepest and darkest depths of these jungles and yet not sighted what we came in search of. We lost our path on the 17th day and have been wandering aimlessly in the jungles. Our supplies were running low and it seemed we would reach our end soon. But as we struck camp for the evening, the most unexpected thing happened, a miracle. We saw figures in the trees, very much like the Great Warg of the Sea, but these shone so radiant that it can not be set on paper. A joyus flame burning in their eyes. They approached us at a steady pace and led us back to their home, where they...."

This is a diary entry of one of my ancestors. Alas, most of it did not survive the trials of time, this little bit that was still readable I have passed on to you. I am yet trying to decipher the rest of the paper and when I get a breakthrough (With any hopes soon) I shall inform you of what happened later on. A rough image I get from the words that our yet understandable say something about, beauty, spleandour and magnificence and then most of it can not be understood. I am trying my best and soon hope to decipher the rest of these diary entries.