View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #602
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
This gets stranger and stranger. And scarier. What are all these noises meant to mean?

Well, it looks like Nogs was innocent after all, so I'm glad we didn't lynch him.
I've been thinking about what the Dead are trying to tell us (apart from the rather depressing fact that Lottie was innocent, as well). They seem to like the votes for Eonwe and Legate.
Also, if we are all still here - are we innocents still in a small majority? (5 versus 3, in that case?)
Or can the game not end until there is a Duel?
There clearly are not as many baddies as there could have been (which would be half by now, so the game would have ended). Which means that either we lynched some (which would have to be Boro), or they didn't make a Wolf every Night (or some combination of both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
They must have thought he was a gifted/ the GW. It certainly isn't a no-trace kill, and it doesn't make sense as a frame.
It certainly isn't a kill of a "quiet player", that's for sure. He also talked basically about everyone. Although since you are saying it wouldn't make sense as a frame - that actually got me thinking why would you specifically say that, because I would not first even see people his death would point at, since he talked about everyone, let alone that it could somehow be a bluff to frame someone. But he got votes from you and Eönwë (and he could have gotten more votes, like I was all the time considering him, and I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one). But since you are so eager to downplay any connections, could Wolf-Nerwen or EW-Nerwen be so desperate (for whichever reason) to kill Nog to try to lynch him and then kill him when it didn't work out? But the reason is the problem there - it's the same problem as the idea that he was killed because they thought him to be a Gifted or a GW - it's all fine, but I don't think he behaved in any way "specially". Unless he voiced his opinion on somebody specific and it was spot on - but he was voicing his opinion on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I wondered if they killed him as a scry - they might have wondered if he was the GW.
The wolves have, I suppose, two goes at a GW scry each Night - if they try to turn or kill the GW they get told they've found him/her, right?
It would make sense that way, too. Speaking of that, I would have expected a Wizard Duel by now. So maybe if the Wizards are sort of trying to maximise the amount of people they scry, since they somehow didn't manage to learn each other's identities yet?

But anyway, for me it is like back to the drawing board and I might try to look at the village freshly, because we can be like anywhere.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote