View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 AM   #3492
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I think a lot of characters are over-reacting.
I would rather put it this way: I would like to see one character who is not over-reacting. Okay, there might be one or three.

Quote:
Nope, he's never going to stop being picked on. And yep, Saeryn is definitely scrapping for a fight.
Oh my, being a jerk and drunk as he is, Scyrr is not going to hit a woman! Well, also because of one reason: it would put him too "low", I think he might even enjoy the fact and in fact humiliate Saeryn by not hitting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I feel like a new pair of acronyms are needed, BA and AA (before Athanar and after Athanar).
Sounds good

By the way, a random remark about Scyrr. It seems he is constantly being portraited as a jerk, but I think he is more like "the" jerk, because he tends to get into trouble the most. But maybe just for counter-balance, I would like to point out that even he is, after all, only a man.

I don't think he is being "purposefully evil" or anything like that, he is just the most grudg-y person around, most annoyed with stuff, and not having the restraints to express it (especially when being drunk); on top of everything, he is just stubborn so that he's unwilling to listen to the others and get convinced that things are not as he projects them to be. Since the beginning it's been like that. He arrived with the idea "we are moving somewhere to the middle of nowhere, that sucks". After his arrival, he was proved right: it is the middle of nowhere. People around there are disliking the new people. They want Eodwine back. Ergo, Eodwine wants to get back to power. And kick Athanar out. A simple train of thought, the problem with Scyrr is that unless something really powerful proves him wrong, he is going to stay with his opinion and interpretate everything through the lens of it. Circular reasoning, if you wish.

Anyway, on Foley's request I posted, but we will keep the Saeryn-Scyrr/Tyrdda-Hilderinc stuff separate for a while yet, so that there is time to unfold the dialogues a bit more. Then, if things really get out of hand somewhere, there can be intervention.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories