Thread: LOTR Risk
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 12:05 PM   #16
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I have only just got into Risk (as a result of my friend's decision to purchase it) and I have become slightly obsessed with it recently.

I have played the game twice with two friends. We play until one of us is wiped out, not with the Ring. I mean, who wants to stop a game that's only just getting started? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have won both games. For my victories I thank Elbereth as I play as the Green army whereas my friends play as the two Orcish armies.

The one thing I don't particularly like about the game is the points system which determines the winner. Take the following scenario;

At the end of the game I had:

- Double the number of territories as my friend

- Around double the number of battalions on the board

- Far more strongholds

- Three complete regions compared with my friend's zero.

Yet we STILL finished on equal points and had to take the game into sudden death (no-one really wanted to accept a draw!)

Nevertheless, its a glorious game. I especially love telling tales of how the two Elves of Lorien defended their land against foes of over 5 times their number. Or indeed the collossal battle of Fangorn Forest, in which billions of Orcs ravaged the Elven army.

Sorry, I could go on for a very long time yet! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]