View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 04:50 AM   #304
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Aman

Aman shook her head hastily at Toby, a smile resettling itself on her pretty features. "Mr Hornblower, your generosity is gratifying and ten gold coins...why, you owe the Inn nothing more, in any way. Ten gold coins is quite excellent still. And besides, what is more noble than to give something to a friend in need of a gift?" she added. Her gaze barely flickered towards Snaveling, and no one else in the small group would have noticed, but she knew that the man had seen it.

There was little doubt in Aman's mind as to how the gold coin came into Snaveling's grasp, and yet...and yet the hobbit backed him. A hobbit who has now been rather generous to your establishment. Leave it, Aman...

The Rohirrim woman looked up at Roa, who was standing nearby and smiled lightly at her, not allowing anything to show. She had seen the way Snaveling looked at her, the barely veiled yearning which flashed so uncharacteristically in his eyes when he looked at her. Well, Snaveling had told Aman much of his life - he had laid a sort of trust in her, and she would not betray that by conveying such suspicions as she had felt to the woman. After all, the suspicions may actually be nothing, she reminded herself with a more secret smile. Allowing it to spread over her face, she glanced at the group of hobbit girls at the bar, now also with Kyria, then back at the group.

"Well, it seems our entertainment has decided upon what exactly they will be performing for us. And if there is to be music, as always, there will be more drink needed!" Weaving her trap carefully so that it would not even seem as such, she turned to Snaveling, smiling innocently. "I suspect a new barrel of ale will be needed - Snaveling, would you help me bring one up?"