View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #303
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

"Yes, I suppose we should," Willow replied to Lily. "I know well the song you just played... and you play it well. Could you three go and tell Aman the choices... she had spoken with me earlier, and asked me to play, but I don't talk to people very well. Well, besides other hobbits," she added, remembering that she had went over to talk to the other hobbits earlier. "I'm somewhat shy."

Willow became conscious of someone standing behind her. It was an elven maiden who had came in earler, Willow recognized her. "I heard you singing," the elf-woman said. "It was lovely! You have a beautiful voice."

Willow assumed that the elf was adressing her, and replied, "Why, thank you."

"You're quite welcome! My name is Kyria."

The young elf, her name was Kyria, as she had said, paused, and twisted her black-gloved hands together nervously. "Do you mind if I sit down?" she asked after a while, as if nervous about speaking with them.

"No, not at all. This is an Inn, all are welcome," said Willow. "So do sit down, Kyria. You have a lovely name. This is Lily, Mira, and Daisy, and we were just discussing which songs we should do. We had decided, and were about to tell Aman, so that we could do them. But you are welcome to sit and join us. And I thank you for the comment on the song. It is rare that I get comments."

Willow sipped her water, and held her fiddle tighter unconsciously. It was as if a reflex to her now. "You're an elf," she commented. "What brings you here?"