View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #301
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Daisy nodded in agreement with the three other hobbit lasses.
"Yes, those three would do very well indeed. The one with no singing in it though, I wouldn't mind dancing to it... Hopefully others in the inn will join in, there are quite a few hobbits in here. How could any of them resist?" She smiled happily.

This reminded her of new years day. Every year Daisy and her family would have a big get together and they would sing and dance the night away. She hoped at least some of the other patrons in the inn would be willing enough to join in.

Daisy listened to the tune Lily was playing on the fiddle. She could tell Lily enjoyed playing it just as Willow had done. The tune had a lovely, fast paced beat and Daisy tried to tap her feet in time with it. However, her legs weren't quite long enough so she ended up shaking them around under her chair. "The one I just played, do you know that one? It is quite common in Bree, but is it known in the Shire?" Lily asked.

"No I haven't heard it before, but its lovely... Are there any words to it?"

Daisy secretly hoped that there weren't, she enjoyed dancing much more than singing. Either way, she was quite used to performing, though she had never performed in front of an audience full of strangers and with three hobbit lasses she had only just met. It was quite exciting in a way. It wasn't an adventure, but it wasn't something that was completely normal either. Just the right mix of new and old for Daisy.