View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 12:14 PM   #368
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman smiled engagingly at the elven woman as she handed her a drink and invited her to sit. The poor woman looked worn out - the Innkeeper decided she would do the room herself, but hadn't the heart to make the woman come all the way back to the bar when she looked so shattered - as if she would fall asleep as soon as she hit the chair, in fact. Hefting the large log book from under the bar, she noted the pen was gone for some reason and patted her pockets for another. Then, walking briskly across to the elf, who had just dropped into a chair with a sigh, Aman smiled apologetically.

"I do apologise, but if you could just sign in this log book for the room? I believe there is quite a nice one looking out to the East at the moment, a lovely view. Most rooms are three coppers a night, and can be paid for now or later." Aman gave the elf all the information at once, sparing her having to talk. Placing the log book on the small table beside the comfortable armchair in which the elf now said, Aman handed her a pen. "If you could just sign here, and here."

The elf - Tiruviel, Aman noted her name was - signed obligingly in a flowing, elegant hand, thankfully in the common tongue - in that graceful and italic joined hand, Aman wasn't sure she would have been able to read the elvish runes. Deciding not to ask the tired woman any more questions, the Innkeeper lifted the log book once more and returned her pen to her pocket. "Welcome to the Green Dragon Inn, Tiruviel. Whenever you wish to go to your room, or for anything else, just signal to me or to one of the two hobbit waitresses, Ruby and Buttercup."

"Thankyou." The woman smiled back gratefully, and Aman felt herself taking a liking to this tired (she stopped herself saying young woman) elf, and inclined her head to her before turning away, then stopping herself. "Oh, and will you be taking some supper? Soup tonight."

Despite her tiredness the elf nodded, gratified, and began to stand, but Aman held up a hand, smiling. "No need, I'll ask Ruby to bring some over for you." With a parting smile, the young Innkeeper departed. Seeing Ruby come out of the kitchen, she gestured for one soup, knowing she probably looked an idiot. Ruby raised an eyebrow and shook her head, laughing quietly at the Innkeeper's miming, before conceding and nodding.

Leaving the log book under the bar again, Aman lifted her skirts slightly at the front to stop herself tripping on them as she went down the cellar steps, and looked around down there - Lira had gone, but no matter, the elf had worked well with Aman today, and it would have been the worse for both of them if they had done this work for too long. Stepping lightly down, Aman replaced a few bottles that had been left out, and noted that, although they had done well today, there were still a fair amount of wines to be sorted. Still, it would all be worthwhile if it was for Pio - and the mysterious Mithadan, who the young woman would be glad to meet again, judging from their meeting that first night and morning.