View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The stranger took some time to watch the visitors at their busywork, and only tripped on Inziladun four times. After a while she learned to not make eye contact with Greenie or her goats, unless she wanted to be assailed by strange noises and even stranger faces. Finally, on the advice of a friendly housewife she headed for The Warging Warg tavern to see about a room for the night.

"Oh, hello," she said as she nearly bumped into the friendly housewife she had just finished saying farewell to. "Didn't I just see you outside?"

"Oh probably," said Thinlomien. "I go outside sometimes." She waved at the stranger as she continued about her friendly housewivery business.

"Oh aye," replied the Tavern Keep. "That's Lommy. She wives all the houses in these parts. Don't ask me what that means exactly, I've no idea. I've room in the basement, very reasonable. You can't miss it, it's next to the mushrooms."

"Would somebody be able to wake me in the morning? If you cannot reach me by PM, you can send an email to oddwen (at) gmail (dot) com or message me on the Book of Faces."

Eomer nodded at the stranger's probable drunken and/or hallucinigenatory nonsense and showed her into the only mildly creepy basement. Legate stopped him as he was returning to his brewing.

"You keep...mushrooms down there?" Legate slurred.

"Aye," said Eomer, his eyes narrowing suspiciously. "So that I can't smell them." When Legate was drunk he could say some weird stuff. And he was always drunk.

Legate swayed contemplatively. "I always liked mushrooms. Really really liked mushrooms."

Eomer would have replied, but a strange squeak at the window made him turn around. satanisaloser2005 was standing outside again, face pressed to the glass and sighing sadly.

"You can come in you know lass," he said.

"I can't," sally replied sadly. "I'm barred from entering."

"No, you're a bard. A BARD," snapped Eomer. "And you increase sales, so get to work! And if anyone tries to pay with mushrooms again, you have my permission to write a really really nasty song about them and play it to their face."

Sally tuned her instrument and began a jaunty tune. Thinlomien tutted and wiped the nosemarks off the glass.........again.

Aganzir, Shasta and Rikae were at a table, listening to Shasta work himself up into a froth about the amazing bread that was nearly perfected. Aganzir was only really interested in the froth, but Rikae was interested in convincing him to keep more reasonable hours, since their houses were very near to each other.

"I don't have a problem with the experimenting," Rikae said. "But I do take issue with the late-night cackling."

"Oh, that's probably me," said Aganzir.

"And the late-night clanking!" continued Rikae.

"That one is me," said Shasta.

"And the infernal late-night howling!" cried Rikae.

"Now that you mention it," mused Shasta. "I have heard some odd noises of late, while late."

Nerwen joined in from a neighboring table, where she was nibbling on some solid food. "I've been hearing them for a while, but I thought it was just Greenie or her goats?"

"Hello!" cried Kath suddenly kicking in the door. She had to, as her arms were full of two giant mushrooms. "Look at these beauties! I bet they will fetch a good price at the market! Maybe as much as nine 'shrooms a pound!"

Suddenly, everyone remembered that they had to go home and get a good night's sleep.

-----------------------

But the visitor didn't know anything of what was happening upstairs. All she knew was that she could rest, and in the morning she could take all of the mushrooms she could carry from the bushels upon bushels of fungus surrounding her. Slowly, she drifted off to sleep...

-------------------------

Night has begun. Wolves may PM. Day begins in 24 hours.

Last edited by Oddwen; 09-18-2015 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I added a jaunty tune. Well, maybe not so jaunty...
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote